LEISURES AND ACTIVITIES IN THE AREA
VISIT THE AREA
Normandy consists of hundreds of kilometres of coast with an incredible diversity of landscapes : wild coast, high cliffs, sandy beaches, rocky coast, dunes, picturesque villages, ...
If you are interested in history, Normandy is the place to visit. A number of historical sites are worth visiting. Among them is the Bayeux Tapestry, an amazing piece of tapestry which recounts the conquest of England by William the Conqueror in 1066. For those interested in World War II, Normandy is where the Allied Forces landed on the D-Day Beaches. You can also visit the village of Sainte-Mère-Eglise, the first village to be liberated. The city of Caen is also worth a “detour” with its famous World War II memorial. Normandy is very rich in history and you will be delighted to discover all these places of historical significance.
This region is also renowed for its gastronomy which include cider, calvados, cheese, cream, ...
Another reason to visit is the number of cultural events which take place each year : they include the “Granville Carnival”, “Jazz sous les pommiers” a jazz festival in Coutance, 25 kms from Granville, and the street artists’ festival in July in Granville, ...
Don't miss :
- Le Mont Saint-Michel : Wonder of the Western World.
- La Cité de la Mer in Cherbourg : Discover the City of the Sea Museum which recounts the adventures of man beneath the sea, with its deep sea aquarium and its 3,500 fish, and the Redoubtable, the world's largest submarine open to the public.
- In Avranches : les Manuscrits du Mont Saint Michel, le Jardins des Plantes.
- In Villedieu les Poêles : la Fonderie des Cloches
- Le Nez de Jobourg, Vauville, Martinvast, Urville-Nacqueville
- The D-day beaches : Utah-Beach, Omaha-Beach, ... and some famous places of the 2nd World War (Sainte-Mère-Eglise, the "Pointe du Hoc", ...).
- Le Mémorial de Caen : a destination that is not to be missed by tourists in Normandy, is today one of the first memory sites in Europe, with nearly 400,000 visitors per year. Le Mémorial de Caen has received several awards for its quality of reception and the wealth and quality of its content and offers several packages including guided tours. It's a major modern museum dedicated to the history of the 20th Century. Its innovative and emotionally charged presentation invites the visitors to take a journey through history and a consideration of the planet's future in three museum spaces : the Second World War, the Cold War and the theme of Peace.
- Bayeux and its famous Tapestry
Distances between the "Logis du Roc" and some activities :
- Walking track at 0,1 km
- Beach at 0,1 km
- Library at 0,2 km
- Cinéma at 0,5 km
- Casino at 0,5 km
- Shops 0,5 km
- Restaurants at 0,5 km
- Golf courses at 5 km
- Tennis courts at 3 km
- Swimming pool at 3 km
- Parachutist centre at 7 km
- Mont Saint-Michel à: 45 km